Relationships: The Key to Teaching and Learning in the Early Years
The Little School's 2004 teacher training film, Relationships, is the ideal way to learn about our relationship-based approach. Video clips of teachers and children in action, paired with commentary from school staff, show how The Little School's ideas and concepts are put into practice in our classrooms. This unique DVD is valuable both for professionals - including teacher-trainers, preschool directors, teachers, and specialists - and for families.
supporting individual children
- Building self-esteem and self-knowledge through respect
- Changing behavior through respect
- Building self esteem through mastery
- Building an authentic relationship
- Bridging individual to community
building social skills
- Supporting play to build social skills
- Beginning to solve problems
- Continuing to solve problems
- Solving problems together
- Bridging Home to School: Empowering children through community sharing
- Embedding community values
building cognitive skills
- Inspiring children's creativity
- Learning through problem-solving
- Learning through play
To purchase, please visit Redleaf Press. It is also available for purchase at a reduced price on-site at Little School during school hours and orientations. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly respond to process your order.
"We're laying the foundation for how a child will experience their life, who they'll be in the world for the rest of their lives. What we need to focus on is children feeling individually understood and valued...."
-- Leslie Roffman, Co-Founder and Director, The Little School.
"This is what the preschool years are REALLY about -- nurturing a whole child"
-- Kathleen Platzman, PhD and Associate Professor, University of Georgia.